Design Quality Assurance Engineer - Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Johnson Health Tech North America Inc
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Design Quality Assurance Engineer (DQE) focuses on the prevention of product flaws and failures throughout the Product Development processes in order to ensure the final product meets all customer and company requirements. The DQE will research, develop and implement appropriate specifications, project quality plans, test & validation plans, as well as audit samples to prevent product design and manufacturing flaws. Additionally, the DQE will administer the field testing process to verify products conform to established requirements.
• Prevent design flaws on new products and components by investigating past failures and design defects, and implementing changes using the Project Quality Plan (PQP) on Key Component (KC), and New Product Development (NPD) projects.
• Develop and implement appropriate specifications, quality requirements, testing/validation plans, audit and enhance related documentation in support of preventing product design, serviceability and manufacturing flaws
• Work closely with the development team to evaluate the design warranty of all components and the risk to overall Cost of Quality (CoQ).
• Work closely with the Development Team, SBUs and fitness facilities to create a project Field Test Plan that can be executed to successfully evaluate field test unit(s) performance in the specified market environment.
• Support the Development Team of Key Component (KC) and New Product Development (NPD) during phase gate sample review processes in order to ensure the final component, software and/or product meets all marketing requirements and expectations.
• Evaluate and audit the Product Project Specification (PPS) for accuracy of information pertaining to Field Test, Warranty Information, Sample Requirements, and PQP suggestions in product specifications.
• Administer, co-ordinate, lead the execution, and review results for field testing on key components, software and new product projects.
• Participate in, audit, and continuously enhance project documentation related to service, quality, software and design.
Project Task Management:
• Follow the phase gate deliverables and ensure completion to company standards
• Daily, weekly and monthly interaction with global Product Marketing and Asia-based factory teams
• Lead continuous improvement projects to target the reduction of high dollar cost of quality product issues that can be resolved through design and quality systems improvements.
• Travel internationally to production facilities and vendors as needed to insure proper communication and understanding of project specifications
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience in related areas of emphasis
• Minimum 2 years of design and/or quality assurance experience
• Proven experience with SAP, PLM, CRM and/or other similar ERP systems
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel with a focus on data analysis and reporting
• Knowledge of 3D CAD software, FEA Tools, and Embedded System Troubleshooting
• Experience working with R&D, Technical Support and Quality departments to troubleshoot and document issues
• Experience with consumer product testing (a plus)
• Experience working with oversea manufacturing facilities (a plus)
• Intermediary working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
• Ability and willingness to travel both internationally and domestically
• Adaptable written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of team collaboration software such as Atlassian Confluence & JIRA or similar
• Ability to work well with numerous diverse groups and individuals
• Ability to multi-task well, change focus quickly and follow tasks to completion without sacrificing quality of work
• Skilled in planning, organizing resources, and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimum results
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess a high degree of motivation
• Six Sigma White / Yellow Belt Certification or willingness to obtain one
• Aptitude to continuously research, evaluate, and implement evolving technologies and industry practices
• Other projects as assigned
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off benefits
• Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
• Product discounts
• Wellness programs
• Relocation may also be offered.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zw5wmd9wx96526fd
Primary Skills: Design Quality Assurance Engineer
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: 0, 2 years minimum
Clearance Level: 0
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505