Vice President - Industrial Construction - St. Louis, Missouri
Location St. Louis MO
Company looking for the right person to be a leader in our aggressive growth and geographical expansion of Industrial Construction division. This division handles projects around the country in the refining, petrochemical, power, steel, automotive, agricultural and other heavy manufacturing industries.
1. Senior Executive - This position serves as a key member of the company ledership team and will be the lead executive in charge of the development and implementation of the strategy for the Industrial division.
2. Leadership Development - This position will have overall management responsibility for a total of 12 full time salaried employees and hundreds of hourly craft employees. This position will oversee and actively participate in the ongoing recruitment, hiring, training, management, development and retention of employees. This individual will monitor the supervision, training, and discipline of personnel in the Industrial division in accordance with policies and procedures.
3. Profit and Loss Responsibility - This position will be responsible for developing the annual operating budget and will maintain bottom line P&L responsibility for the Industrial division.
4. Project Management Oversight - As the head of the Industrial division, the individual in this role must ensure overall client satisfaction and on-time delivery of all projects within budget.
5. Business and Customer Development - This position will work closely with the Industrial sales manager to cultivate, develop and strengthen both new and existing client relationships.
6. Safety - This position will ensure compliance with safety rules and champion the safety culture, policy and procedures throughout the organization.
7. Industry & Community Relations - This individual will participate in industry organizations to enhance the image of the firm in the locations in which we operate.
8. Professional and Ethical - This individual will operate in a professional and ethical manner at all times and in concert with Core Values.
1. At least 10 years of experience in the Industrial Construction and/or Mechanical industry, with experience in the refining, power or heavy manufacturing industries, including experience in a management capacity. Business Unit or Firm management in large construction projects is a must and experience in contract and risk management is a plus.
2. Strong management skills with a successful track record in attracting and retaining top talent and building a solid team.
3. Experience with financial oversight and project profit and loss responsibility.
4. A bachelor's degree with construction, design or engineering as a major (e.g. Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering) is required and an advance degree is attractive.
1. Above average critical thinking aptitude with ability to think and plan strategically and implement appropriately.
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to partner with the executive team.
3. Excellent personal organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and direct the flow of multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
4. Must be an accomplished self-starter who is comfortable accepting responsibility for successfully achieving personal, group and organizational objectives.
5. Must possess excellent customer service orientation with a commitment to client satisfaction.
6. This person should thrive in a team-oriented environment and must be a person of unquestionable character and background whose personal values and management style are compatible with company culture.
7. Willingness to travel as required by the position, estimated to be 20-30%.
8. Established relationships with Boilermaker/Pipefitter labor unions, general contractors and customers are highly desirable.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's degree with construction, design or engineering as a major (e.g. Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering). Advanced degree is a plus.
2. 10+ years of experience in the Industrial Construction or Mechanical Construction industry.
3. Experience in the refining, power or heavy manufacturing industries, including experience in a management capacity.
4. Business Unit or Firm management in large construction projects.
5. Experience with financial oversight and project profit and loss responsibility.
Primary Skills: construction, refining, petrochemical, automotive, steel, power, industrial.
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Experienced, 10 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 0 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505