Infrastructure Asset Program Specialist - Missouri
Missouri Department of Conservation
**All applications must be submitted by January 31, 2018, at http://www.mdc.mo.gov/about/jobs.
**Any applications submitted through external sources will not be reviewed.
Works as a member of the Infrastructure Asset Management Program Team and supports the Design and Development Division in the following areas and any other duties as assigned:
Infrastructure Inventory and Condition Assessment Activities
• Leads infrastructure inventory and condition assessment efforts statewide
• Provides technical and procedural support for area staff and multiple field teams as statewide data collection effort occurs
• Serves as a subject matter expert on business processes related to infrastructure inventory and condition assessment activities
• Coordinates and plans field logistics across multiple work areas simultaneously for data acquisition and condition assessment efforts
• Ability to identify if data received from field crews, hourly staff, and other Department staff was developed following established procedures and processes and meets the deliverable and quality requirements
• Provide task management of activities through identification of task, time estimates and adjustments, dependency identification, prioritization and scheduling activities for completion
• Provides hourly staff supervision including onboarding, timesheets, and personnel compliance with Department requirements
• Coordinates and Manages hourly staff work load, scheduling of task, and guidance (e.g., background information, examples, instruction) for assigned tasks
Development and Implementation of Business Processes and Procedures
• Provide content and review business process and procedure documentation
• Ability to provide support to fulltime and hourly staff on business processes and procedures
• Ability to lead hourly staff to perform QA/QC on data deliverables as it comes in from the field based on business processes and procedures
• Ensure field staff and hourly staff are following already established procedures and processes (e.g., best practices and business process documents)
• Develop and provide training to staff on business specific processes and technical procedures on initial infrastructure inventory
• Develop and provide training to Department staff on lifecycle process and procedures, and use of the infrastructure inventory system EOE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Construction Management or closely related subjects and at least four (4) years of professional experience (prefer knowledge and experience in data acquisition and crew logistics); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Accept all responsibilities of the job and assigned tasks.
Use provided computer technology to enhance the quality of work and programs.
Keep focused on understanding, anticipating and responding to the needs of customers.
Accept change and new information and cope with job pressure and stress.
Define a problem, analyze relevant information, develop solutions and solve problems.
Maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent even under adversity.
Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships.
Demonstrate technical proficiency in areas of responsibility.
Express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Be proficient in technical and administrative competencies.
Create and sustain an atmosphere in which timely, quality information flows between self and others and to express facts and ideas in a convincing manner whether one-on-one or within or before groups.
Provide quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
Operate a motor vehicle and have or obtain a valid Driver License.
Travel and stay overnight on occasion.
Be self-motivated, exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
Work in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
Take a long-term view of the Department’s or Unit’s direction and articulate a vision which integrates key program goals, priorities, values and other factors.
Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
Effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
EXEMPTION STATUS / SPECIAL NOTES:
This position has been determined to be exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Employees must agree to accept compensatory time off in lieu of cash payments in accordance with the Department’s Compensatory Time Off and Overtime policy.
Smoking is prohibited in all owned, rented or leased Department of Conservation offices, buildings, and similar facilities, in Department aircraft, and in vehicles.
The Department of Conservation will hire only United States citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete an "Employment Eligibility Verification" (Form I-9) and produce requested documentation after employment.
Candidates seeking initial employment must submit to a drug screen following offer of employment.
All persons employed with the state of Missouri shall file all state income tax forms and pay all state income taxes owed.
Primary Skills: QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Construction Management or closely related subjects and at least four (4) years of professional experience (prefe
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: 0, 0 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 0 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505