VP, Engineering - New York, New York
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
We’re looking for an experienced VP, Engineering to lead and manage multiple agile teams, and provide technical leadership to our business leaders. The successful candidate will be passionate about building highly scalable web and mobile web applications that have a meaningful impact on millions of users.
- Lead, motivate and inspire multiple high-performance teams, approximately 30 - 40 people, to build robust and cutting edge technology.
- Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers who form strong teams capable of learning and growing.
- Define vision, drive team execution and oversee the architecture and engineering process, as well as being able to ensure alignment across technology, product and business stakeholders.
- Instill strong software engineering practices in the teams, including continuous delivery and accurate sprint planning.
- Provide technology leadership to business leaders on all engineering-related issues.
- Lead and be responsible for managing design, development, and maintenance of all architectural components and standards in support of overall enterprise information and architecture strategy.
- Provide product guidance by leading staff to research, resolve, and respond to users regarding overall product and technical issues.
- Plan and deliver development projects and product launches successfully and in a timely manner.
- Develop the managers on your team through coaching, mentoring, and performance management.
- BS Computer Science or Engineering; MS preferred.
- 12+ years of overall experience in software development, with 5+ years leading engineering teams with 40+ developers.
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and techniques.
- You know how to inspire others, and you have a network of people who follow your lead.
- Strong people management skills, proven success in recruiting, creating and motivating a strong performing engineering team.
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.
Primary Skills: software development, leadership
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Experienced, 12 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 0 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505