Field Application Engineer, II (Northville, MI) - Northville, Michigan
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. ("MEAU") is committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
MEAU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works.
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, an industry leader in factory automation products and solutions is seeking a Field Application Engineer II. Join a team of smart, dedicated, technical experts who are not only the best in their fields, but are committed to a tradition of technical leadership and innovation.
Under minimum supervision, the Field Application Engineer II will provide technical support for products and applications to key accounts and sales channel personnel. May also develop and/or deliver technical training to customers, distributors and MEAU personnel on all Mitsubishi products.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide proactive pre-sale and post-sale technical support to key customers as assigned (Automotive), key distributors and MEAU sales personnel on all Mitsubishi products - on-site, via phone, email or via SI/OEM, as appropriate. Technical support includes, but is not limited to, these activities:
• Provide on-site application engineering and product consulting
• Maintain technical documents and documentation on MEAU products as assigned
• Develop technical/application notes where applicable, detailing start-up and usage procedures of new products
• Maintain current knowledge of new products and applications through self-study, hands-on testing of demo units and scheduled MEAU training courses
• Use the technical support escalation process to deliver high customer satisfaction
• Establish work priorities through coordination and collaboration with the GKAM sales team, FESG Team Leader and FESG Regional Manager
• Work with and within teams with other engineers to provide support to OEM's and Integrators who are involved at your assigned account(s).
• Perform reactive and/or billable service/project work to assigned customers as follows:
o Maintain good, real-time communications with assigned customers
o Document the problem, root cause and corrective actions
o Maintain flexibility with work hours to be available for certain tasks to be performed on off-hours and weekends (approximately 10 weekend assignments per year)
o Respond to requests for service (machine breakdowns) with telephone support and on-site support to deliver high customer satisfaction
• Provide technical and solution training to customers, distributors and MEAU personnel on Mitsubishi products. Actively identify opportunities for custom training classes within your assigned key account(s).
• Serve on a rotating basis as telephone support engineer per the Technical Assistance Center schedule (approximately two weeks per year).
• Document support case data utilizing CRM.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of application experience with industrial automation products.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/6tst56mygm4d6pp7
Primary Skills: PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and networking
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: 0, 3 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 0 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505