Manager, Supply Chain Solutions - Atlanta, Georgia
Overall accountability for designing supply chain solution proposals to support revenue growth. Work with a cross-functional team to create compelling proposals for solutions that add value to the customers’ supply chains and meet Americold’s financial guidelines.
1. Utilize supply chain knowledge and analytical skills to conduct comprehensive supply chain analyses of customers’ businesses and company’s operations.
2. Addressing strategic and operational challenges by applying quantitative modeling and analysis to profitability assessment, supply chain engineering, transportation optimization, strategic network design, inventory managment strategies and warhousing / distribution operations.
3. Support Business Development team in white boarding sessions with customers in order to establish baseline, understand constraints and goals, and develop solution options.
4. Develop business cases using financial modeling techniques to support client proposals and internal initiatives.
5. Responsible for adhering to the Proposal Development Process (PDP), including kick-off meetings, pricing reviews, supporting preparation of Investment Memos and presenting to Executive Management.
6. Operate with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Manage resources accordingly to meet all deadlines.
7. Deliver solution designs to customers in the form of formal RFP responses and presentations.
8. Develop/maintain analytical tools to improve the quality of the solution designs and/or increase the productivity of the team.
9. Liaise and work closely with Business Development, Operations, Engineering, IT, Transportation, Real Estate, and other departments at the corporate, regional and local level to coordinate and manage projects.
10. Exhibit high degree of professionalism during meetings, presentations and negotiations internally and externally.
11. Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• A 10-15 years of work experience in a related field including:
• 7 plus years in related role such as Industrial Engineering or Solutions Engineering
• 3 plus years in logistics solution design in a 3PL environment and/or Supply Chain Consulting
• Experience in Supply Chain Optimization/Strategy preferred
• Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related discipline, MBA preferred
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• An excellent understanding of supply chain elements and associated costs.
• Analytical problem solving skills and ability to think creatively and strategically, such as when faced with imperfect data.
• Excellent project management skills and experience related to design, prioritization, management of teams, deadlines, tasks, etc.
• Strong understanding of requirements to see RFPs to successful completion.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams, while maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
• Requires demonstrable success at creating persuasive proposals and presentations.
• Team player approach with strong mentoring and management skills to maintain engaged associates.
• Strong operational knowledge and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment of positively changing expectations and culture.
• Must demonstrate strong systems skills including MS Office Suite and email systems. Experience utilizing supply chain optimization tools and other quantitative modeling tools. Knowledge of project management and labor management tools a plus.
• Must be business savvy, possess financial acumen and demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment of positively changing expectations and culture
• Ability to travel 10-15% on average, peaks to 20-25%
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires travel by automobile and airplane up to 50% of the time
• Required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Primary Skills: Solutions Engineering, RFP/RFQ, 3PL, Supply Chain Optimization,
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Experienced, 7 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 25 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505