Field Application Engineer, Automotive (Sidney, OH) - Sidney, Ohio
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. ("MEAU") is committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you\'d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
MEAU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works.. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com. We will provide you with assistance in completing the application and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, an industry leader in factory automation products and solutions is seeking a Field Application Engineer, Automotive. Office location, Sidney, Ohio. Join a team of smart, dedicated, technical experts who are not only the best in their fields, but are committed to a tradition of technical leadership and innovation.
• Provide proactive pre-sale and post-sale technical support to key automotive customers as assigned, Global Key Account Manager sales team (GKAM) on all Mitsubishi products, on-site, via phone, email or via SI/OEM, as appropriate. Technical support includes, but is not limited to, these activities:
o Provide on-site application engineering and product consulting
o Develop working demonstrations and documentation to support Proof of Concepts, customer presentations, sample code, example wiring diagrams, and applications solutions.
o Analyze customer application requirements on phone or in person to develop control system solutions
o Maintain technical documents and documentation on MEAU products as assigned
o Develop technical/application notes where applicable, detailing start-up and usage procedures of new products
o Maintain current knowledge of new products and applications through self-study, hands-on testing of demo units and scheduled MEAU training courses
o Use the technical support escalation process to deliver high customer satisfaction
o Establish work priorities through coordination and collaboration with the GKAM sales team, and ass assigned by the Field Engineering Support Group (FESG) Manager, Automotive.
o Work with engineers in your team and with other departments to provide support to OEM's and Integrators who are involved at your assigned end user customers.
• Perform reactive and/or billable service/project work to assigned customers as follows:
o Maintain good, real-time communications with assigned customers
o Document the problem, root cause and corrective actions at the completion of a reactive service call
o Maintain flexibility with work hours to be available for certain tasks to be performed on off-hours and weekends (approximately 10 weekend assignments per year)
o Respond to requests for service (machine breakdowns) with telephone support and on-site support to deliver high customer satisfaction
• Provide technical and solution training to customers, distributors and MEAU personnel on Mitsubishi products. Actively identify opportunities for custom training classes within your assigned key account(s).
• Serve on a rotating basis as telephone support engineer per the Technical Assistance Center schedule (approximately two - three weeks per year).
• Document support case data utilizing CRM.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience with PLC, VFD, HMI, Servo and Motion Control, Control Networks
• Ability to develop and maintain in-depth, up-to-date technical knowledge, including the latest MEAU products.
• Technical writing skills.
• Ability to operate effectively as part of a team.
• Customer service and phone skills.
• Professional, patient, positive, confident communication style and attitude.
• Ability to write and perform technical product and solution training for groups.
• Organization skills, i.e. for documents, demos, work area and time management.
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• Local candidates only
Beneficial Skills and Experience
• Strong background in PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and networking, process control and IEC 1131 programming standards is preferred.
• Experience with CNC controllers and machining applications
• Experience with machine safety products and standards
• Experience with PC hardware and software in industrial applications
• BS in Electrical Engineering or related field, or 1 - 3 years of related experience
• 0 - 3 years of application experience with industrial automation products in automotive manufacturing applications
Sidney, Ohio, United States
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/qn2pyyprnk8tg89g
Primary Skills: See job description
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: 0, 1 years minimum
Clearance Level: 0
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505