Electrical Engineer - Cheshire, CT - Cheshire, Connecticut
A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas Speciality Gases, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Electrical Engineer in Cheshire, CT.
The Electrical Engineer candidate will need five plus years of experience developing hardware and firmware for embedded systems. The candidate will be accountable for designing, building, and testing electronic products for the gas industry. The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team. The candidate will be responsible for new products from their design stage through commercialization. We require an individual that is comfortable and competent in the role of an EE technical leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Design, build, test, and document electronic products from concept through production.
• Conduct system functional tests, and trouble-shoot equipment as required.
• Prepare product drawings, schematics and bills of material that meet project requirements.
• Perform and document calculations supporting designs.
• Deliver results on time and on budget.
• Develop and document test and production procedures.
• Provide ongoing technical assistance to manufacturing.
• Assist with project planning, management, and scheduling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Five plus years of experience designing, building, and testing hardware and firmware for embedded systems.
• Embedded microcontroller based hardware design, including peripheral devices such as A-D converters, voltage/current switches/regulators/controllers/monitors, batteries, solar panels, and charging system controllers.
• The ability to orchestrate all aspects of an embedded microcontroller based PCB design/implementation is required. The candidate must be able to coordinate all aspects of such, including but not limited to selection of ancillary components such as connectors, cables, etc.
• Expert knowledge of schematic capture software such as OrCAD or equivalent.
• Direct experience with wireless communication technologies, including knowledge/experience with proper PC board/System level design so as to preclude electromagnetic compatibility issues within an RF/Embedded microcontroller context.
• Embedded real-time coding in C and/or assembly language, at least at the hardware peripheral level is a plus.
• Knowledge of communications protocols i.e. TCP/IP etc.
• Experienced in obtaining regulatory approvals.
• Experience leading, or participating in, hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle high-level multi-tasking.
• Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects at various levels of support and responsibility.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum Electrical Engineering Technical Degree with equivalent work experience required. Bachelors / Masters of Electrical Engineering desired.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player able to work well with others in a dynamic, changing environment.
• Self-starter who consistently demonstrates accountability and dedication to all team members.
• Strong work ethic with a desire to get things done, and a willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines.
• Detail oriented.
• Occasionally (1-20% of work time)
• Expert knowledge of schematic capture packages.
• Experience with mathematical and simulation tools i.e. LabView.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Able to save and maintain electronic files.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language
• Advanced mathematical skills relevant to the application of electrical engineering
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Primary Skills: Electrical engineer
Salary: Between 60000 - 100000
Experience Required: Experienced, 2 years minimum
Clearance Level: 0
Travel: 10 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505