Mechanical Engineering Manager - Columbus, Ohio
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a team of engineers working on various projects to achieve profitable growth. He/She will manage the engineering aspect of each project to maintain the company's competitive position and profitability. The Mechanical Engineering Manager will provide technical assistance and coordinate project activities with other functions. He/She will direct the work efforts of staff, and will assist in hiring, performance appraisals, and pay reviews of project engineers.
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will perform all or some of the following Job description:
• Plans and directs all aspects of mechanical engineering activities within the company.
• Ensures all mechanical engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the company's established policies and objectives.
• Oversees the design and implementation of all engineering projects.
• May oversee fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products.
• Responsible for day-to-day tactical management of development issues.
• Define project specifications based on requirements from the project manager, including liaising and negotiating with product management and quality assurance.
• Manage the daily personnel/operating activities of the department, providing technical and career guidance, performance appraisals, individual nurturing, etc. (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, recommend termination as necessary)
• Communicate project process with weekly status to be made available for all projects.
• Ultimate ownership for the technical quality, functional completeness, and on-time delivery of the project.
• Time management and prioritize tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints.
• Assist in establishment of the company's long-range development goals and objectives.
• Remain abreast of current technological progress to ensure the company remains marketable and competitive.
• Represent company interests to ensure that each company employee, irrespective of their manager, is presented with a consistent company image.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Primary Skills: • Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor and REVIT
• Familiarity with AISC, IBC, ASME, AWS (specifically D01 seris)
• Working knowledge of MS Project
• P.E. license preferred
• PMP certifi
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Experienced, 5 years minimum
Clearance Level: 0
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505