Body Structures Development Engineer - Farmington Hills, Michigan
Life at Nissan encompasses everything that inspires both the quality of our vehicles and the quality of our people. Company-wide, you'll find fast learners and self-starting engines as well as people who are quick to embrace change and take an idea into overdrive.
Nissan is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill an opening for a Body Structures Development Engineer at our Farmington Hills, MI location.
Responsible for the advanced development of body structures to meet performance and regulatory requirements related to body structures. Must have a good understanding of IIHS requirements and FMVSS as related to passenger vehicles and trucks and good working knowledge of CAE.
Also responsible for design and development of sheet metal, glass, plastic components and mechanisms (sunroofs, carpets, locks, hinges, etc) for new and/or current model programs plus continuous improvement by increasing design robustness or through warranty reduction of existing models.
· Daily use of CAD to study and make designs, present proposals and release the new or improved designs
· Warranty reduction using root cause analysis techniques
· Extensive interaction with manufacturing, other design groups, assembly plants, styling, test groups and prototype technicians
· Variation and tolerance analysis at both component and system level
· Make presentations of ideas and studies to upper management
· Manage supplier to develop parts, meet cost, timing and quality targets
· Manage cost and weight of assigned parts to meet or exceed targets
· Daily interaction with manufacturing, other design groups, assembly plants, styling, test groups and prototype technicians.
Primary Skills: Minimum Qualifications:
· BS in Mechanical Engineering
· Use of CAD system
· Strong ability to visualize part or system and work in a totally digital environment through the development cycle until physical phase
· Work in a multicultural, mul
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Some Experience, 3 years minimum
Clearance Level: 0
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505