Mechanical Engineer - Wallingford, Connecticut
CiDRA is headquartered in Wallingford, Connecticut with an increasing number of international offices. CiDRA’s patented SONARtrac® flow technology has established itself as a new class of industrial flowmeter, utilizing measurement principles that are distinct from all other flowmeter technologies operating today and is ideally suited for measuring flow in difficult slurry applications within the energy and natural resource industries. CiDRA has been aggressively developing various service offerings related to flow management and assurance, velocity profiling, and overall plant monitoring and process optimization in mining, oilsands, power generation, and pulp and paper applications. CiDRA products and services are being used by over 350 customers in nearly 30 countries
Title: Mechanical Engineer Department: Engineering
Position Summary: This position requires an individual with a mechanical engineering background willing to work in a team environment to develop new industrial products. Important attributes include the ability to apply creative solutions to challenging mechanical problems. In addition to supporting product development, this position also includes work related to more fundamental research efforts where creative thinking is required. This position also includes providing engineering support to manufacturing for existing products.
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience in mechanical engineering. Experience in industrial instrumentation design a plus.
• B. S. Degree
• Proficiency in Solidworks a must
• Must have solid computer and office software skills
• Knowledge of materials and their properties
• FEA modeling
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Strong mechanical engineering background in the design of industrial sensors and instrumentations
• Strong skills in conceptual design, product qualification, prototype testing and design for test and manufacturing methodology
• Engineering support for commercial releases
• Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods
• Transition products from development to production
• Must be a self starter and work well in a team environment.
Primary Skills: Solidworks,FEA Modeling, new product development
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Experienced, 5 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505