Cost Estimator Seats - Farmington Hills, Michigan
Nissan is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill an opening for a Cost Estimator Seats at our Farmington Hills, MI location.
Provide cost expertise to Engineering and Purchasing in the development and sourcing of Seats and Seat components. Develop competitive piece cost and tooling targets for complete seat sets and seat components. Work closely with Engineering to develop optimized design solutions ensuring best in class cost and function. Support Engineering and Purchasing in evaluating design proposals and supplier quotations and assist in negotiations. Support part level costing for competitor vehicle teardown exercises for benchmarking purposes. Active member on PDT’s (Product Development Team).
The Cost Estimator Seats will be responsible for:
· Developing of product cost: material usage, material cost, equipment requirements, labor requirements, cycle times, tooling and capital requirements for new product development or changes to current products.
· Developing of Tooling and Investment requirements to satisfy part production.
· Reviewing complex bill of materials for reasonableness.
· Reviewing manufacturing assumptions for reasonableness.
· Developing risk / opportunities summary from quotation analysis.
· Communicating / educating the organization regarding cost data.
· Setting targets of purchased items.
· Supporting Purchasing in analyzing supplier quotations and assist in the negotiation process.
· Supporting Engineering’s understanding of cost when developing Design Concept Sheets.
· Attending supplier visits for benchmark purposes and quote justification.
· Supporting all cost reduction exercises including competitor vehicle teardown activities.
· Participating in ASIP (Alliance Supplier Improvement Process) activities and line walks at Nissan Plants.
Primary Skills: Cost Estimating
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Experienced, 6 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 15 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505