Electrical Engineering Management Trainee
Norfolk Southern Corporation is one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway subsidiary operates approximately 20,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal and industrial products.
Norfolk Southern: Management Trainee Program
Our 12-month Management Trainee program is designed to ease the transition from the academic world to the working environment and prepare individuals for supervisory positions in the company. Listed below are some of the Management Trainee programs currently available at Norfolk Southern. Several are designed for individuals seeking positions in rail operations, while others involve working in a more traditional corporate setting. For additional information and specific program details, please visit our careers website at www.nscorp.com/careers.
Communications and Signals
• Communications and Signals (C&S) trainees gain experience in installing all types of signal equipment used on the railroad, including wayside and crossing signal systems, defect detectors, automatic equipment identification (AEI) systems, and hump yard systems. You will also learn all aspects of our C&S systems and devices, including design, construction, maintenance, safety compliance and inspection. You’ll be working outdoors in a predominately field-oriented and highly responsible position, responsible for the supervision of technicians. We prefer to fill these positions with electrical or electronics engineering graduates. Interested candidates must be willing to relocate across our 22 state operating territory and be willing to travel.
• Majors Recruited for this Position: Electrical Engineers, Electrical Engineering Technology
• In this field-oriented concentration, you’ll be preparing for placement as a manager with responsibility for the repair, maintenance and installation of our track system. You will learn train and track dynamics, track inspection, construction and maintenance operations, and much more. After completion of a 12 month training program, you will manage maintenance employees such as: rail gangs that replace rail and spikes, tie gangs that perform scheduled crosstie replacement, and bridge and building gangs that maintain and repair the bridges and trestles on the railroad. These positions are typically filled by civil engineering graduates, but other engineering disciplines will be considered. Interested candidates must be willing to relocate across our 22 state operating territory and be willing to travel.
• Majors Recruited for this Position: Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management
• As a mechanical trainee, you'll be developing skills related to our extensive fleet of rail cars and locomotives. As you prepare for a position as a mechanical supervisor, you will learn inspection and repair down to the component level and become familiar with the compliance standards of NS, the Association of American Railroads and the Federal Railroad Administration. After a 12 month training program, trainees are promoted to a managerial assignment at a locomotive shop or freight car repair facility. Interested candidates must be willing to relocate across our 22 state operating territory and be willing to travel.
• Majors Recruited for this Position: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology
Primary Skills: See Job Description
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Entry level, years minimum
Clearance Level: 0
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505