Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Mentor, Ohio
Join STERIS in its vision to see the world free from infection and contamination as a
Senior Engineer - Mechanical
in our Research and Development Department
This key position will independently evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques, and procedures to solve engineering tasks.
Specific responsibilities include:
Transform customer requirements into functional design specifications and physical models. Create mechanical designs using solid modeling software .
Technical Data Package: Develop and generate detailed design documentation (i.e., drawing packages, bill of material structures, etc.).
System Engineering: Evaluate system and sub-system level performance and quantify trade-offs and associated technical risks.
Verification & Validation: Coordinate the build and testing of functional prototypes to conform to input requirements/specifications.
Analytical Approach: Solve complex problems by applying a broad knowledge of engineering and/or scientific principles to accomplish technical assignments.
Project Management: Provide sub-system project milestones, critical path tasks. Provide ongoing status reports..
Innovate: Determine feasibility of conceptual ideas from a technical and implementation standpoint. Makes recommendations for future product development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Efficient and effective use of the companyís resources by incorporating technological advances by employing improved design technology in executing engineering assignments.
2. Coordinate and lead the design, development activities to implement new products, and/or improve products, by applying broad based technical skills and acquired knowledge of several branches of science and engineering.
3. Direct technicians in the preparation of and reporting for the performance qualification tests. Analyze the results and present summaries along with providing technical recommendations to project team.
4. Prepare input for engineering reports, product documentation and manuals.
5. Verify and validate product design to meet code/standards guidelines and requirements.
6. Perform and/or assign engineering investigations involving the calculations and/or tests to support the new product designs, methods, or process studies.
7. Supervise the actual physical prototype builds by leading individuals to build and test the mechanical design, along with creating the Technical Data Package (TDP). The TDP includes but not limited to the drawings for a variety of components, sub-assemblies, processes or equipment, often including process control documentation. (i.e., Engineering BOM, drawings, specifications, P&IDís, cycle graphs, etc.).
8. Manage and lead the interactions between vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts complies with design and product specifications.
9. Provide technical leadership to other corporate groups as required within your assigned area of responsibility.
10. Maintain product/project detail records and provide engineering activity reports as required and/or agreed upon with engineering management.
11. Other roles and responsibilities include day-to-day organizational direction and leadership to ensure successful planning, risk assessment, scheduling and accomplishment of product development activities within the project scope of work.
12. Planning and preparation of program reviews, both internal and with selected suppliers/subcontractors.
13. Coordinate with cross-functional program team, and business management, including Marketing, Regulatory and Operations.
B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Engineering required. Knowledge of fluid systems and thermal engineering a plus.
Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or Professional Engineering license a plus.
8+ years of product development experience including design analysis, prototyping, functional testing and supplier interaction. Experience with electromechanical systems that handle chemical solutions a definite plus.
Detail-oriented in design documentation. Background in medical device industry a plus.
Proficient in the use of Pro/E or other equivalent 3D modeling software.
Ability to write concise fact-based reports, including internal procedures and business correspondence.Ability to interpret an extensive amount of technical information in various forms. Manage several abstract and/or concrete variables at once.
Broad knowledge of engineering principles and relative industry standards, coupled with innovation and creativity.
Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office programs
Primary Skills: 3D Autocad; Pro E; design engineer; plumbing, pipe, presssure vessel design, complex electro mechanical systems
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: Experienced, 8 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 10 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505