Research Engineer - Government Services - Pullman, Washington
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a creative, self-motivated, problem solver to join our Government Services team as a Research Engineer. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with industry experts and state of the art equipment, and the ability to work creatively in an autonomous environment, then this may be the position for you!
If you have excellent research and analytical skills, we invite you to consider joining our team and see what itís like to work for a company that will provide you with the tools necessary to do the best job.
SEL is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and two major universities within 10 miles of each other!
* Develop and maintain a detailed assessment of the assigned technical area and related communication, protection, monitoring, and control systems.
* Analyze products for weaknesses in function and security and assist with the implementation and testing of mitigations to these weaknesses.
* Develop and maintain technical knowledge of protection, control, and monitoring devices and/or communications devices as they pertain to SEL.
* Develop and analyze product specifications and specialized functional tests.
* Provide technical and market assessment to evaluate proposed products and solutions.
* Assist with the planning, developing, and implementing of electronic security features in future
* SEL products and information network configurations.
* Write technical papers, white papers, and other documents pertaining to assigned work.
* Follow and improve area processes.
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or significant related work experience.
* Demonstrated analytical skills related to the evaluation of technical information and associated equipment.
* Excellent technical writing and communications skills.
* Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
* Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
* Detailed background check results satisfactory to SEL.
* Negative drug test result(s)
* Three years training or experience in electric powers systems and/or industrial processes.
* Working knowledge of communication equipment and protective relay application at an electrical utility, industrial plant or engineering firm.
* GIS analytical and/or programming knowledge.
* M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or strongly related field.
Primary Skills: power systems, protection, utility, analytical skills
Salary: Between N/A - N/A
Experience Required: Experienced, 2 years minimum
Clearance Level: Secret
Travel: 15 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505