Supplier Quality Engineer - Erie, Pennsylvania
Summary: Responsible for developing and strengthening supplier management programs. Responsible for providing Quality Engineering support for day to day cell operations, in relation to supplied materials and all activities relating to supplier selection, evaluation and supplier performance. Provide technical support to internal customers and suppliers for activities related to supplier quality system assessment, performance evaluation, supplier development and supplier consolidation where deemed necessary.
1. Continually work with suppliers to improve performance, implement process control and quality plans.
2. Responsible for leading part qualification process (PPAP).
3. Coordinate with the Manufacturing and Quality engineers in assessing and addressing material quality issues. Interact routinely with Purchasing, Engineering and Suppliers to proactively improve quality of components.
4. Analyze supplier capabilities. Develop and maintain supplier quality metrics. Manage and drive continuous improvement activities focusing on supplier quality.
5. Perform supplier Quality Systems audits and management of the supplier corrective action process.
6. Work with project work teams to define project deliverables, project planning, etc.
7. Develop new work processes, new tools and functional capabilities. Maintain and improve existing quality systems processes.
Primary Skills: Knowledgeable in Engineering and Technology, Production and Processing, Design
Salary: Between 65,000 - 70,000
Experience Required: Experienced, 4 years minimum
Clearance Level: none
Travel: 0 %
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php:505
thrown in /home/engineer/www/jobs/engineeringjobs.php on line 505