SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER (RC#900712)
(Public Works Department/Transportation and Traffic Engineering Division)
Please visit our website at www.tempe.gov/jobs to complete and submit the online application.
Open until the needs of the City are met. First review date of applications will be Friday, April 28, 2017. This position may close at this time.
This position of Senior Civil Engineer will manage the City’s Pavement Management Program. Typical duties required for successful execution of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain an automated pavement management information system; develop and maintain linkages to transportation related GIS databases;
• Manage field inventory of street system; catalog street conditions; classify pavement distress conditions and recommend appropriate maintenance work; Prepare maps/graphs reflecting condition trends;
• Provide technical recommendations to internal staff on asphalt materials and treatments including an understanding of geotechnical materials and testing;
• Conduct research and stay current on best practices as they relate to pavement materials and street maintenance/construction procedures;
• Coordinate the design, bid, and construction of all pavement preservation, street reconstruction, minor concrete, and other special projects associated with the City’s transportation system;
• Develops and maintains the comprehensive five (5) year Pavement Management Plan and budget that utilizes timely preventative treatment /maintenance cycles to extend the pavement life by using cost-effective, state of the art maintenance techniques.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $76,793 - $103,670
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or a closely related degree.
Requires four years of professional civil engineering experience and project management. In addition, two years of increasingly responsible experience in the assigned work area which is Streets Pavement Management.
Candidates must have the minimum amount of work experience. Education will not substitute for the required work experience; however, related unpaid and/or volunteer work experience may be used as qualifying work experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
Requires possession of a Certificate of Registration as a professional engineer in the State of Arizona.
Successful completion of initial probationary period is contingent upon passing an FBI background investigation. Based on position, referred applicants may be subject to additional testing which may include pre-employment polygraph, physical and drug screening.
For the complete job description go to: http://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocument?id=5104
This position is FLSA Exempt – not eligible for overtime compensation and/or compensatory time.
Employees in this position are represented by the Tempe Supervisors Association (TSA).