Production Manager - with Secret Clearance - Andover, Massachusetts
Take your career to the next step; apply your expertise in Manufacturing Management to help in protecting our Nation and our Warfighters.
IDS Execution Operations (XOPS) has a need for a 2nd shift cell leader in the Hardware Integration Center. This position has overall responsibility for manufacturing operation team(s) in a fast paced and dynamic environment and will manage a team of assemblers and/or technicians. The individual in this role ensures assembled hardware meets contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of production. This individual will also need to ensure a safe work environment and will be actively engaged in safety improvement projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This role requires daily interaction with other cross-business teams in IDS to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
The position supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of hardware design, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
· Workforce planning and forecasting
· Employee hiring and training
· Time and attendance tracking
· Area layout and flow management
· Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
· Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
· Minimum of 6 years of related work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
· Previous leadership experience in manufacturing / planning / scheduling / finance / operations or similar environments
· Experience with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
· Experience utilizing business systems and tools that aid in managing labor, processes, and budgets
· Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
·U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
· Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
· Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
· Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience in the aerospace/defense industry
· Excellent communication (written and verbal)
· Solid people management and interpersonal skills; uses good judgment to resolve conflict
· Ability to lead in a team-based manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
· Customer focused
· Bias for Action, Doing, Speed, Results, Execution
· Metrics driven and success oriented
· BS/BA in Operations Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering or any major related to this job description.
Business Unit Profile:
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Please go to Raytheon's Careers page and apply for any positions in which you have the required experience. Primary Skills: Manufacturing Manager Secret Clearance Operations Schedule Plan Six Sigma Defense Salary: Between - Experience Required: Experienced, 6 years minimum Clearance Level: Secret Travel: %
Other Details: Raytheon is hiring in many areas - www.jobs.raytheon.com.
Reference Code: 92372 Email: Map to this job:
Be sure to tell Raytheon that you saw this ad on Engineer.net™!