Perform mechanical work involving design, fabrication, assembly, modification, and maintenance or repair of specialized equipment and/or precision instruments. Weld or solder a variety of components including high vacuum systems.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at
http://apptrkr.com/943799. Reference position # 25177. AA/EEO
• Ability to safely operate a variety of machine tools normally associated with a machine shop.
• Ability to read prints and sketches and follow verbal instructions.
• Ability to read and understand instruction manuals, machine shop safety practices and lab safety handbooks.
• Working knowledge of different types of materials and proper methods of fabrication for each.
• Ability to work and operate machining tools to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate with researchers, engineers, faculty, students and staff in an effective and professional manner.
• Ability to use or willingness to learn the use of a variety of welding equipment to produce devices, including high vacuum systems.
• Knowledge of OSHA safety standards and ability to follow Physics Machine Shop safety rules.
• Graduation from high school and four years of metal shop experience and journeyman skill in the operation of all standard machine shop equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Primary Skills: The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting. Salary: Between - Experience Required: Experienced, 4 years minimum Clearance Level: none Travel: 0 %
Other Details: Benefits
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
Reference Code: Email: Map to this job:
Be sure to tell University of California Los Angeles that you saw this ad on Engineer.net™!