Process Engineer - Food Manufacturing - Columbus, Ohio
Hanna Castle Recruitment Solutions
Develops, researches and completes capital projects and other engineering related activities that improve plant operations and personnel utilization to achieve maximum productive capability at the lowest operating cost.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
• Completes detailed analyses of plant performance to improve utilization of equipment, personnel and utilities.
• Researches and recommends resolution to environmental issues; provides information to meet EPA reporting requirements; serves as consultant to the plants regarding emission issues.
• Reviews and recommends changes to plant layout to optimize flow for new and replacement equipment.
• Analyzes vendor and equipment alternatives for new or replacement machines.
• Analyzes and recommends warehouse and material handling methods.
• Analyzes and recommends building construction materials and applications.
• Coordinates multiple projects with management, plant personnel, engineering, suppliers and consultants; provides on-site supervision of contractors as required.
• Evaluates impact of changes/improvements to plant operations prior to and subsequent to project implementation; calculates return on investment; presents capital projects to senior management for approval.
• Compiles and submits information for all required department/corporate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• BS degree in engineering or a technical field, preferably in industrial or mechanical engineering.
* Have worked in a food manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 3-5 years of prior experience in processing and/or packaging manufacturing.
• Experience using CAD and Microsoft Office software.
Primary Skills: Industrial or Mechanical Engineer, have Project Management experience with capital and equipment projects, have worked in a food manufacturing environment Salary: Between 75,000 - 95,000 Experience Required: Experienced, 4 years minimum Clearance Level: none Travel: 15 %
Other Details: Company will pay relocation, must be eligible to work in the United States.
Reference Code: 101 Email: Map to this job:
Be sure to tell Hanna Castle Recruitment Solutions that you saw this ad on Engineer.net™!