Critical Systems Project Manager - West Chester, Pennsylvania
Are you looking for a position that will challenge you and assist you to become a well rounded employee with a unique skill set? QVC has an exciting opening for a Critical Systems Project Manager. This person will be responsible for the electrical infrastructure of the data center and the planning for electrical infrastructure for broadcast electrical systems.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Under the direction of a Sr. Critical Systems Project Manager of Facilities Engineering and Design responsible for utilizing engineering and technology for critical building systems including, but not limited to, Electrical Power Distribution and Control, Diesel Generation of Power, Uninterrupted Power Supplies, and critical system monitoring, recording, and paging. The CSPM has responsibility for electrical system project planning, management, execution and the development of project capital requests. Further, the CSPM will provide design consulting for all electrical system components on assigned applicable capital or maintenance project. The CSPM will provide the direction and management of maintenance service testing and repairs of core critical electrical systems for QVC buildings at West Chester and for other domestic sites. Prime results of maintaining these critical systems is to help keep the Broadcast on the air, the corporate data center operating, and the buildings available in general for habitation in productive environments. Electrical Standards will also be developed and continually updated to assure latest state of the art. Energy savings will be continually pursued. Any disruptions to critical systems will be seen immediately to allow appropriate reaction, and recorded for troubleshooting and history tracking.
Projects include addition, expansion, or renovation of building electrical and monitoring systems for offices, warehouses, call centers, retail stores, studios, and other owned real estate. Services include testing, scheduled part replacement, troubleshooting, and repair of these building systems. The coverage is for a 7 x 24 operation and off-hour support is an expected normal activity, as requirements are presented
Detailed work will include, but not be limited to, specification development, project planning and analysis, layouts and designs, building systems function, proposal specifications, supplier selection, purchase orders and contracts, total project and capital budget management, implementation, specification compliance, cost data base management and major project management when multiple disciplines are providing support from other QVC departments.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage or consult with West Chester Maintenance Staff and offsite staff for systems support
• Coordinate support and technology interaction with Broadcasting and Data Center Engineers/Techs.
• Interface with Governmental Agencies and technology societies to assure compliance and to maintain state of the art coverage. Write applications and permit requests.
• Develop and provide recommendations for system philosophies, layouts, equipment selection, space usage, functional risks, capital and expense costs, deliveries, and associated paper work such as AR's, PO's, and Invoice Vouchers.
• Manage capital projects to $7M. Support expense budgets to $2M.
• Effectively communicate projects technology details, and schedules. Hold meetings. Train QVC Maintenance Staff. Maintain weekly and bi-weekly feedback, and project tracking summaries.
• Assure a safe working environment at all times and provide protection to company assets within approved business risk.) Manage projects and maintenance services. For services, prepare work protocols as necessary.
• Maintain, publish, and store comprehensive project and systems information, history, settings, etc for future reference. Assist in the Testing, developing and expanding the Critical System Monitoring System.
• Use the Maintenance Management System to support service scheduling and instruction as applicable. Schedule Infrared Testing of switchgear.
• Develop and maintain of single line drawings, understand basics of power loss risk, power quality assessment and Data Center CRAC Units.
• Support a 7x24 operation
• Deal diplomatically with internal customers from all departments.
Primary Skills: Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent demonstrated experience and ability.
Experience: At least five years in a high paced and expanding facilities environment with experience in critical system development, implementa Salary: Between - Experience Required: Experienced, 5 years minimum Clearance Level: none Travel: %
Reference Code: 13400 Email: Map to this job:
Be sure to tell QVC that you saw this ad on Engineer.net™!